From EasyEngine to WordOps¶
WordOps was forked from EasyEngine v3, with the objective of providing an up-to-date version of EasyEngine v3, stable and ready for production.
- We've deprecated the mail stack. As an alternative, you can take a look at Mail-in-a-Box, iRedMail or Caesonia. As Roundcube alternative, there is Rainloop or Afterlogic WebMail
- Support for w3tc is dropped as a security precaution.
- PHP 5.6 has been replaced by PHP 7.2 and PHP 7.0 has been replaced by PHP 7.3.
- Nginx-ee package has been replaced by Nginx-wo (based on Nginx stable v1.16.0 with Brotli support)
- HHVM stack has been removed
- Memcached stack has been removed
- Let's Encrypt stack isn't based on letsencrypt-auto anymore, we use acme.sh to handle SSL certificates
If you are going to migrate from EasyEngine v3, here some important informations :
- Previous php upstreams in Nginx will not be overwritted
- php5.6 and php7.0 will not be removed or uninstalled
- Previous Nginx common configurations will not be overwritted